Tuesday 30 November 2010

Gopaldhara Tea Estate

One of the tea estates I'm learning about is Gopaldhara. Both a second flush black and green will be among the teas that are on the way from India to Munich as I write this. One of the highest altitude estates-the pictures of the fields of tea are glorious.

The name is a mixture of the Hindu god-child Gopal and the name of a fresh stream of water called Dhara. Here's the description of the estate from @DarjeelingTeaXp:

Gopaldhara Tea Estate

I wonder why it is that I like teas from the highest elevations. Ceylon teas are in no way similar to those from Darjeeling, but the highest peaks in Sri Lanka are where they grow Ceylon Nuwara ‘Lover’s Leap'.

There's such a wonderful feeling when I'm hiking to the summit of a mountain and can look out over the next range. I wonder if that same energy is in the tea leaves.

2 comments:

  1. I like high grown teas too & I love looking out over mountains. But I'm not sure if the tea leaves harbor some of that energy that you mentioned - being so firmly rooted in one place they never get to experience the exhilaration of getting to the top. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's such a wonderful feeling when I'm hiking to the summit of a mountain and can look out over the next range. I wonder if that same energy is in the tea leaves."

    You are such a poet :P and I like this idea of yours.

    ReplyDelete