Tuesday 26 April 2011

tea in the shadow of Enchanted Rock



Another example of tea making an already fantastic experience fantasticker. Went to Enchanted Rock early this morning, and a day trip just wouldn't be the same without my flask of tea.

I've gone into excruciating detail about preparing my tea for a trip, so I won't bore you with that again. It should be mentioned that although I rose before the sun came up to avoid the hottest part of the day, I made sure there was enough time to preheat my thermos. It made all the difference.


An hour or so later, noticed this German flag while careening through Fredrickburg, Texas. The shops have German names, and there's plenty of indications that people here actually speak German.




Back to Enchanted Rock. While trudging up the face of the rock, all I could think about was that steaming tea waiting for me at the end of all this. Beautiful flowers...um, can we go drink that tea soon?





Nice view from up above everything. Great day for a hike. Thought when I left Germany that I'd be foregoing hiking until my return. Not a chance. Does this mean I've earned my tea? Yes, I have.






A whole pot of still hot Assam Khongea packed in the early morning for a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment