Sunday 24 April 2011

A terrible cup of tea

Plopped a nondescript teabag in the cup, and poured boiling water over it. Teabags are notoriously a bit of leaf (if any) and teadirt, so I only let it steep 3 minutes. Took a deep breath and smelled the cup. Not much of a smell, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Waited a few minutes for it to cool down, and then finally took a sip. Bitter. Somehow tasted dirty. Give it a few minutes. It might improve after it cools down a bit.

Not a chance. Just more obvious that the quality of tea in this bag is not remotely acceptable.

Sigh.

A terrible cup of tea.

3 comments:

  1. That's what happens when quality products aren't used!
    There are only 2 different bagged teas that I can tolerate if I absolutely have to!

    I have had countless cups of terrible bagged tea, so I sympathize with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't even go NEAR a teabag. I just know it's subpar quality and not even worth my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of something Jerry Seinfeld once said: "Tea is yardwork - it's bags and leaves!"

    ReplyDelete