Friday 30 December 2011

tea out of egg cups

Don't know many tea drinkers where I live. I'm sure they're out there, but for the most part my tea community is online. There are some really nice tea places in Munich, and one of my goals in the new year is to spend some time visiting the different options and reviewing them here.

Yet I have made some friendships online that've transitioned into the real world. Wrote about meeting a few of you at the 1st annual Tea Trade gathering, which was quite a joy. I mentioned to Xavier then that we're often in Southern France for New Year's, and there was talk about maybe meeting each other there. Or here I should say, because Nice is where we are.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more about tea in the days to come, but in the meantime, we had a very nice Gong Fu session with some simple Dung-ti Oolong. I packed a Gaiwan for this very purpose, but knew I'd have to improvise when it came to tea cups.

The flat we're staying in had the perfect-sized egg cups, so that's what we drank out of. Unconventional as they might've been, it worked perfectly. 

3 comments:

  1. Clever, and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using things for purposes other than which they were intended. Though when I do it, there are often unexpected outcomes. That are not always positive... Glad the egg cups worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the colour Steph. They really have come in handy.

    And MsDarkstar, I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't always get such good results from improvising. This was a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete